1) After last week’s Harvest, as well as the tangible gifts of cans and packets for St Oswald’s Food Bank in Grove Hill, we collected £383 for them as well. Thank you to everyone, and to Dorothy and Jean for the service and display.
2) The next St Mary’s Church walk will be on Tuesday 11th October. It will consist of a circuit of Scaling Reservoir with, if the weather is kind, a short extension up a valley brining the distance to 4.1 miles. Clear paths, no stiles and little hill climbing. Meet at the free car park at the eastern end of the reservoir. Don’t turn into the water sports centre but drive by the reservoir. The car park sign pointing right appears with little warning, so watch for it as you get to the end of reservoir. Meet by 9.45 for a 10.00 am start. Very convenient cafe for afterwards. All welcome. If you require any more information, particularly if you are walking for the first time please contact me on 01642 316624 or at email@example.com.
3) The next Church Life and Missions meeting is 11th October at 7.00pm agenda to follow. This is the meeting where we plan out events in the coming months. Including Christmas!
4) The next Church Council meeting is 13th October at 7.30 agenda to follow. Don’t forget the Luncheon Club is also on that day…. Fully booked up!
5) Our Stewards met with Marton Leadership Team [their stewards] and we discussed ways we could move our congregations closer together by inviting each other to weekday events at our churches as well as having some joint Sunday services in the next quarter. More information to follow, as and when we have it.
6) As Women’s Hour shuts down for winter again, some of us have been looking into how we can fill that space. We are seeking your views on this matter. Currently Thursday afternoons are filled with Bring me Sunshine, Table talk and Luncheon Club. We could restart WaG activities, unfortunately I can no longer commit to Wednesdays but could manage a Tuesday afternoon.
Aware of the energy/heating crisis, we are thinking we could maybe offer our church as a warm and welcoming space every Tuesday throughout the winter months of November, through to April. Our heated church would be open to any one in the Nunthorpe community [and Marton…see 5 above] What do you think? The way it might work would be:
Mornings: Coffee Club [as now…10.30-
Lunch facility 11.30-
Afternoons: WaG activities 2.00-
We would need to produce a Rota of facilitators for Mornings/Afternoons [Stewards and others] as well as a proper programme of WaG activities. Brian is ready with his U3A for the first one!
Think about it! Talk about it! Let us Stewards know what you think !
There will be copies of this News update at the back of the church for those who don't have email.....
Nunthorpe Methodist Church
Sat Nav TS7 0BP
Page last updated 7/10/22
|What to expect|
|A view from the back|
|lest we forget|
|Walk of Witness|
|All Saints Day|
|CoGS - Children of God Squad|
|4th Nunthorpe Brownies|